If you’re looking for a way to live a more mindful, meaningful, and inspired life, the ZenJo Path™ can offer some guidance. You don’t have to be a Buddhist or a Zen monk to experience a more peaceful life, just someone who wants to be continually centered in the present moment.
OK, So What’s the ZenJo Path™?
The ZenJo Path™ isn’t a creed, religion, or dogma. It’s a way of living that encourages kindness, ethical behavior, and managed productivity. It’s a mode of living that centers your awareness in the present moment, encourages you to extend kindness and compassion to others, and results in less stress and anxiety, all while boosting your productivity.
Although you don’t have to know anything about Zen Buddhism to walk ‘The ZenJo Path™,’ it’s a very Zen-like existence.”
Tangible Benefits of Living the ZenJo Path™
Living the ZenJo Path brings with it some very tangible benefits, including:
- Experiencing more contentment with your day-to-day life regardless of your circumstances. Appreciating what you have instead of lusting after what you don’t is an issue the 21st century has positioned everyone to face. Being grounded in the ZenJo Path can help you allocate your spending where it matters most.
- Experiencing less stress-related physical and emotional problems. It’s long been a fact that spending a few minutes each day in silent contemplation can lower blood pressure, boost positive thoughts, and even strengthen your immune system. Practicing this each day will increase your vitality and clarity.
- Experiencing more depth in your day-to-day life. In this context, ‘depth’ is another word for ‘meaning.’ When you live your life with a focus on kindness and compassion, you become a kinder person and one that looks deeply into the issues that confront others.
- Identifying and focusing on what’s most important for your life. The ZenJo System™ is one that promotes this level of clarity on this level because it relies on the relevance filter, a mechanism by which you elevate the most relevant tasks for each day’s focus. Over time, you gain insight into what’s most important, not necessarily what’s most urgent.
- Experiencing more control over your life. If you use your Zen-Journal Notebook™ (ZenJo) each day, you already know how much more in control of your life you feel. It’s a system that focuses on the most important tasks at any given time instead of those that have piled up through task stacking.
Doesn’t that sound like the kind of life you want to live?
The 4 ZenJo Path™ Daily Practices
At the core of the ZenJo Path™ is a set of practices. As the word infers, a practice is something we do on a daily basis. The ZenJo Path™ practices are easy to observe and result in several tangible benefits that will only improve your quality of life.
The ZenJo Path™ is built around four daily practices that serve to support the creation of an inspired life: spending time in silence, living simply, extending kindness and compassion, and using your ZenJo System™ to manage your life. Living in this manner will decrease and eventually eliminate the Fear of Missing Out or FOMO.
Practice 1- Spending time in silence on a regular basis
Spending time in silence is the ZenJo user’s best friend because of the insight it offers. This can be a formal meditation practice or simply sitting in silence for a few minutes each morning and evening to gain clarity around your tasks and commitments. Specifically, the ZenJo twice daily am and pm mindful reviews are part of this practice as well. So, if you’re using your ZenJo, then you’ll be spending some time in silence anyway.
Spending time in silence with regularity, even if it’s only for a few minutes each day, can add depth, refine your focus, and increase your level of clarity in all aspects of life.
Practice 2 – Embracing simplicity in all areas of your life
Simple living is the gateway to awakening and increasing your moment-by-moment awareness. It’s the one practice that empowers those that follow. Some examples of living simply are:
- Simple eating – with a concentration on simple meals comprising whole foods whenever possible
- Simple workouts – workouts at the gym don’t need to take hours
- Simple task management (with ZenJo) – can’t stress this enough
- Simple communication – Say what you mean and never lie
- Simple wardrobe – Most of us have way too many items of clothing and we can often impact others by donating those we no longer wear to a charitable agency like GoodWill or a homeless shelter
- Living with less – Possessing only what we truly need is what minimalism is all about, but it doesn’t mean going without those items that truly bring your life joy
Practice 3- Engaging the mindset of compassionate-kindness
The ZenJo Path™ is one that actively looks for ways to help others where you are at any given moment. Whether you’re in a grocery store, an airport or the office, or in a restaurant, you’re ready and willing to help when you see a need. Opening doors, reaching items on a high shelf, or even bringing your partner coffee/tea or breakfast in bed are some examples of engaging in kindness and compassion.
Another way to fulfill this practice is to consider adopting a charity and donating your time, money, and/or possessions. You can read more about compassionate-kindness here in this post.
Practice 4- Using a ZenJo to manage your life
Perhaps no other practice keeps you in the present moment and living the ZenJo Path™ than using your ZenJo every day. It serves as the place you turn to many times each day and it reminds you to be mindful of your commitments, tasks, and schedule. The practice of conducting twice-daily mindful reviews aid in this practice and brings a Zen component into your planning and task scheduling.
Is the ZenJo Path™ for You?
Of course, it is. You’re visiting the Zen-Journal website, you’re reading this post, and you most likely have adopted the use of the Zen-Journal Task & Life Management System™.
Instead of a limited focus on only your notebook, consider the inclusive lifestyle behind it and how much more enjoyable life would be if you allow your whole life to rooted in kindness, compassion, spending time in silence to gain clarity, and assisting others in need.
In fact, I’ll go out on a limb and state that:
The ZenJo Path™ is what the entire world needs. Just imagine if every human on the earth decided to act in accordance with these powerful principles and practices! Our world would be transformed in an instant.