Welcome to Zen-Journal.com, I’m Barry
My friends call me Baz – it’s a nickname I picked up over 40 years ago when, as a much younger man, I lived in England. I created this site to help other like-minded people (like you) to discover what role mindfulness plays in their life and give them a time management system that reinforces it.
Zen-Journal is an outgrowth of several years of experimentation and usage of planners and systems such as Bullet Journal TM, Strikethru, Franklin-Covey, and At-A-Glance. However, it differs from most other planners in that:
- It’s a more mindful system for tracking and planning your time
- It dovetails with your digital devices
- It uses task-relevancy as the driver of the important
- It’s a completely open source system in that you can get started with any notebook or tablet you have on hand
I’m a writer and father of four amazing adult children, GrandDad to seven uber-cute grandkids, as well as an introverted empath.
I’m also the author of:
- The Bullet JournalTM Power User Guide: How to Boost Your Productivity Using Pen and Paper (unavailable)
- Becoming Irresistible: How To Attract Five New Clients to Your Copywriting Business Every Month
- Online Rockstar: The Digital Entrepreneur’s Guidebook to Building an Online Business that Rocks!
- The Practical Buddhist: Buddhism Without the Robes & Ritual
As a writer, published author, and coach for over 15 years, I’ve helped countless people around the world find the work their most meaningful work -the work their DNA codes them to do- and helped them put their creative strengths to use.
When I’m not traveling, I live in Irvine, California with my 21-year-old son and my ever-faithful companion, Sir Buddy – Lord Protector of the Realm.